Sunday, October 4, 2015

Freewrite

I like eating cereal. My parents want me to eat healthy things like meat so I can have protein, and I do like healthy foods, but cereal is the bomb. It's not like I eat sugary cereal anyway, I eat honey bunches of oats with almonds, or granola or raisin bran. My mom teases me and says I eat "old people cereal," but hey, if it's healthy there's no reason a sixteen year old shouldn't eat it. She says that eating just cereal isn't healthy enough though. I usually am only allowed to eat cereal once a day-for breakfast. Lately I haven't always eaten cereal for breakfast though because sometimes I am in a hurry in the morning and I just have time to grab a banana or something. I try to always eat breakfast because I know it's bad to skip, so I just try to grab whatever's healthiest before I rush out the door. I did skip breakfast the other day though, but I didn't feel the best that day so I thought I should probably not risk it. I do love breakfast, so it is hard for me to skip. I hate missing an opportunity to eat cereal, so I try to eat cereal for breakfast. I've been sleeping later lately though, so I've had to eat things that I can take in the car. It's a sleep for cereal trade I guess. I'm just always so tired I can hardly pry myself out of bed in the morning. I'm pretty busy but I have a good life so I'm not complaining. I have everything I need and much more so I am thankful. I know I have it a lot better than a lot of people so I try to keep complaints to a minimum. I like going to a small school. I don't like the idea of being lost in the crowd, although I do think I would most likely get a better education at a bigger school. I wouldn't mind a school bigger than the one I go to, but I wouldn't like a massive school. I like going to a school where all my teachers and the staff know me. I like being able to talk to them easily because they know me fairly well and I know them fairly well. It is helpful, especially since I am a pretty good student so I have a good reputation with the teachers. They seem to trust me pretty well, so I get a little bit more freedom than some other kids because the teachers know I won't abuse it. I am kind of allowed to do my own thing, especially now that I am older and I've kind of established myself in the school. I was always a good kid, but I am an upperclassman now so I've had two years to prove it and earn my teachers' trust, and they've had two years to get to know and trust me. It's kind of nice: it seems like as long as I don't break any rules, I'm pretty much allowed to do my own thing. I like it. I feel like I am pretty free to be honest. I am also responsible for myself a bit more than I was before though, because this year I am taking several online classes, so I have to keep up with homework and everything on my own. There's no teacher constantly reminding me of what I have to do. I also like being able to take tests whenever I choose. In high school classes it's on test day no matter what unless you're just gone that day. In my online classes exams are due by a certain date, but you can wait until that day to take them if you need time to prepare, or if you're ready beforehand you can just get it out of the way on your own time. It's nice. Like I said, this year I have more freedom and more responsibility.
-Ellie Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment