Sunday, October 4, 2015

Freewrite

 The one thing I do like about winter is the clothes. I like hoodies and jeans and my letterman's jacket and sweats. The sweats are interchangeable with athletic shorts, however, so I don't need winter for comfortable pants. I do enjoy some nice Miss Me jeans though, usually with an underarmour or nike hoodie or a long sleeved t-shirt. I like long sleeved t-shirts. I like to wear my letterman's jacket too. If it weren't for the nice winter clothes I'm not sure I'd be able to make it through the winter. At least I can wear good clothes while I'm miserably cold. I like shorts and t-shirts too though. That's usually what I wear in the summer. Or sometimes a tank top. I usually wear athletic clothes in the summer, though. It's softball pants half the time to be honest. I do a lot of softball playing during the summer. This Friday is our last home football game. I'm not terribly sad because I'm not a big football person. I like it alright, but I would choose basketball as a sport to watch any day. It's also our homecoming this week. A friend of mine was chosen as a homecoming representative for her grade. She is buying her dress today. I want her to send me a picture but I'm not sure if she is going to or not. She wants it to be a surprise. I told her it's not supposed to be a surprise for your best friend and she hasn't answered yet. She will probably show me though. She is excited I think. I am glad for her. It will be fun for her. I will definitely have to go to the game now. I would've gone anyway probably, but I might have left pretty quickly. I still might leave after the homecoming and senior night ceremonies if I get tired of it. Like I said, I'm not really a football person, but even if I was, our school sucks at football. We haven't won a game so far this year. So I don't think I would enjoy our games that much even if I was a football fan. I like basketball better. I play basketball, and while I'm not that great at it, I have a far better grasp of the game of basketball than I do of the game of football. I just enjoy basketball more because I feel more engaged in the game than I do with football. Plus, our boy's basketball team is better than our boys football team, so it's not always a disappointing thing to watch.
-Ellie Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment