Saturday, September 12, 2015


  I have enjoyed reading "The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates" so far. For a non-fiction book, it holds my interest as well as any fictional story I have ever read. I enjoyed the detailed character and setting descriptions and all the background information they provided about the boys. The detailed descriptions provided insight into why the boys behaved the way they did and I think it will help grow the story as I continue reading.
  One of my favorite things about the book so far is how well it describes the boys' parents, especially their mothers. It provides background knowledge of their parents and their pasts, which helps me understand better why their adult lives shaped up the way they did and what effect the events of their pasts might have had on how they raised their sons. I think having background knowledge of the boys' parents helps give the story a deeper perspective and helps the reader understand how the boys' families came into the situations they were in while the boys were growing up.
  I also enjoyed the introduction of the book. I liked that it showed me what happened in the boys' adult lives before it showed me their childhoods. This not only captured my attention from the very beginning, it allowed me to make predictions of my own about what the boys' childhoods might have been like.
  So far, I have really enjoyed this book. I have found it interesting and insightful and I can't wait to continue reading.

-Ellie Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment