Wednesday, September 30, 2015

 I am doing another freewrite right now. I don't really know what to say for this one. I am trying to gain fluency by doing this, right? I believe that is the point of this exercise. The name of the assignment is Fluency Blog so I think that is a reasonable assumption to make. I know assumptions are supposed to be bad but Fluency is in the name so surely I am right, right? I am going with a yes on this one. I think I can trust my judgement. I hope so anyway. I've been going with it for a while now so I guess that's a good start. I like reading and my sister is reading something right now. She just said she is reading "Chicken Soup For the Kid's Soul." I think she will be a very good reader when she is older. She already is, actually. She is in fourth grade. She has to do this thing for school where she has to read for a certain number of minutes either each day or each week, I'm not sure which, and she just finished it now. My mom set a timer in the kitchen for her to time it but it went off and she wants to keep reading and no one will shut it off so it's just beeping periodically. Not too often though, so it's not too annoying. I remember the first time I ever stayed up past midnight. I thought it was a huge deal. I was over at a friend's relative's house with my friend and we ended up just staying there really late. I was probably seven or eight and I was a strange kid who was weird about going to bed on time and getting up on time so it kind of stressed me out a little. I wasn't as bad about it at this point as I was going to get later, but I was still kind of weird. I later got to where I would go to bed at like 8:30 or 9 every night no matter what, and I would usually set an alarm for 6:30 and I freaked out whenever I couldn't keep that schedule for whatever reason. I didn't like throw a fit or anything crazy like that, I just got really stressed out about it and I became what my mom called "fussy." I would just worry and fret until I could go to bed and then when my mom wouldn't allow me to set my alarm for 6:30 because I had been (forced to be) up too late, I got all worried about how late I was going to sleep. I hated sleeping late. I hated it. Like I said, I was a weird kid. I wanted to go to bed on time and wake up early every single morning and it worried me greatly for some reason when I couldn't. I was not flexible in at all. I remember one time when I was staying with my Granny and she let me sleep in until 9:00 and I was so upset. I thought it was the end of the world. I didn't say anything about it to Granny because she wasn't familiar with my OCD sleeping habits and I didn't want her to feel bad about letting me sleep, but inside it was killing me. Looking back on it that was really weird. I just was a strange kid I guess. I like sleeping in now though, so it's okay. I kind of just go to bed whenever I get done with stuff now. I try to get to sleep around ten but it doesn't always happen. In fact it rarely happens because I'm so busy but it's a goal. Alright, I think we're done here for now.
-Ellie Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment