Monday, September 14, 2015

Know Your Audience Analysis

  While reading through the Know Your Audience discussion board, I found many questions of the type I would have expected. For example, questions such as "What are your hobbies?" and "Where would you like to travel?" are the type of question I would expect someone to ask when they are just getting to know someone. They allow you to learn a little bit about a person without invading their privacy or hitting an uncomfortable subject to soon after meeting them. They are good introductory questions and I wasn't surprised to see questions of this type.
  There were a few questions I was surprised to see, however. Some of these questions were more difficult to answer, such as "What would you do if you were the last person on Earth?" Answering questions like this one requires a bit more thought than one would put into an answer given to one of the previously discussed questions. These are the types of questions that allow you to get to know a person a bit more deeply and allow a better look at their personality. I learned from the answers to some of these questions that this is a class that has an array of personalities. Some of my classmates are more social and seem to be devastated by the idea of being alone on Earth, while others say they would go straight into survival mode.
  When writing to this audience I will have to take into consideration the different types of people in this class. I will have to be sensitive to the beliefs of others, but I also can't let the worry that I will offend a classmate get in the way of my writing. I look forward to hearing my classmates' responses to my writing because I think they will be able to offer insights that I wouldn't have seen on things I write about and I think hearing all the different opinions in the class will help me expand my understanding of what we are discussing. When writing to this audience, I will try to write from a unique perspective so I can help them grow as well.

-Ellie Lane

1 comment:

  1. Good analysis and application of what you have concluded. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete